Saturday, March 27, 2010

Progressive Card

So Heather Summers did a video on this new take on an old technique (progressive scrapbooking). See her post here.

She issued a challenge to create a progressive card beginning with a 3x3 and turning it into a standard A2 card. Here's my take:


3x3 card

I started with a 3x3 card base cut at 6x3 and scored at 3". I stamped Simply Thanks in Orchid Opulence ink on a piece of whisper white and matted it with a piece of Orchid Opulence card stock. I added a small butterfly cut from Orchid Opulence with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit.

5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Standard A2 card
I stepped it up to a standard card by adding it to a piece of Orchid Opulence edged with the Scalloped Edge Punch mounted on Whisper White and then mounted to an Orchid Opulence card base. I added a piece of Whisper White Organza Ribbon died with Orchid Opulence ink. I added an additional butterfly cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit from Orchid Opulence card stock, mounted that to a 1 3/4" Whisper White circle and then added that on top of the scalloped Orchid Opulence piece. Hope you like it!

No comments: