Monday, August 30, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers Sympathy

I have been super busy getting the kids ready for back-to-school and last minute summer activities that my crafting time has been severely hampered.  We were lucky enough to take a trip to Tokyo and climb Mt. Fuji!  I will be doing at least one MDS page and will get that posted as soon as I can.

In the meantime, I was going through my pictures and have found some cards that I haven't shared yet.  A few months back I had to make a sympathy card for a family member.  I don't like sympathy cards or masculine cards.  They are just difficult for me.  I don't know if it's the subject matter or just that my creative eye is geared towards the feminine.  However, the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set is a perfect sympathy set.  Of course, it can be used for much more than sympathy, but it is definitely my go-to set for that particular genre.

I was pretty happy with how this card turned out.  I thought the Close to Cocoa (now retired) was a subdued enough color for the occasion.  I did not want the card to be too bright or cherry, but I also didn't want it to be dreary.  I think I did okay. 

No comments: