Sunday, May 20, 2012

Another Swap Card Reject

As I stated in a previous post, I am participating in a fun fold swap over at VC Rocks.  I wasn't overjoyed with my last card, so it was back to the drawing board for me.  I've done this type of center-step card before and I really like it.  I have TONS of the Everyday Enchantment DSP left (because I'm a paper hoarder and this is one of my faves), so I had the basics in mind for my color scheme and card type.  Then i had to come up with the stamp set and sentiment.  Here's what I came up with:

I honestly like this card , but it still wasn't quite right for me, so I did change a few things up.  I'll share the finalized version with you after I mail in my swap. 

I will be having sinus surgery tomorrow, so I will be away from my blog for awhile while I recover.  However, I will have a post for the UStamp with Dawn and Friends Blog Hop coming up on May 22-25.  Be sure to stop by and check it out!!!

Thanks for stopping by today and until next time ... happy stamping!

Supplies:
Soft Suede Card Stock (115318)
Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (SAB retired)
Poppy Parade Card Stock (119793 - No Longer Available)
Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
Lucky Limeade Classic Ink (122935)
Calypso Coral Classic Ink (122939)
Simply Soft Stamp Set (Hostess - W-122565, C-122567) only available thru 5/31
Kindness Matters Stamp Set (W-122900, C-122902)
Everyday Enchantment Ribbon Bundle (SAB retired)
Jewels Basic Pearls (119247)

No comments: