Sunday, May 6, 2012

VC Rocks!

I belong to a super fun group called VC Rocks. 
As a returning member, I have early access to all the fun.  We did several pre-challenges.  These ranged from cleaning our stamping areas in preparation of all the good times to come to actually creating cards.  I was super excited that I was actually able to complete ALL 12 challenges in the designated time frame!  Keep in mind that for all of these challenges we were allowed to use retired items, which I try not to share on my blog, but this is all in good fun and you can surely get some inspiration from it.
What is VC Rocks?

VC Rocks is a virtual celebration of the rubber stamp company Stampin' Up!

Our annual celebration runs from mid-April through August.

It's a CELEBRATION of Stampin' Up!'s new catalog release and annual convention.

It's a gathering spot for both Stampin' Up! demonstrators and customers.

It's an expression of our ENTHUSIASM for Stampin' Up!'s new stamps and products.

It's a SHARING of creative stamping and scrapping ideas through swaps, make and takes, challenges and classes.

It's SUPPORT for our SU demos with swaps and ideas for their business,

And it's ENCOURAGEMENT of friendships based on our common interest in stamping and Stampin' Up!!! 















The card I am sharing with you today is from Pre-challenge #5.  However, you will need a little background information.  For Pre-challenge #2, we had to take 3 half sheets of card stock (not black, white or vanilla) and fold them in half.  Then we were to stamp one at the bottom edge, take one and create a cut edge (punched, die-cut, torn, etc.) and the third we had to stamp a background on it.  Then for Pre-challenge #4, we had to choose 5 scraps and 5 matching embellishments.  Then came the fun part! 

Pre-Challenge #5
Take the folded half sheet of card stock with the cut/punched/torn border and two of your scrap selections from preview challenge 4. You will create a birthday card from these beginnings. The scrap selections will be trimmed, punched or cut to create two panels on the card. You may add white, vanilla or crumb cake in any size or shape to layer or stamp on to add to the card. Use the 2 embellishments that you choose with your scrap pieces somewhere on the card.

So, here's my card:


For my cut/punched/torn border, I used Concord Crush Card Stock that I had edged with my Adorning Accents Edgelits Die.  My scraps were a piece of Chocolate Chip Card Stock and Letters to Santa Designer Series Paper.  I edged those with the Adorning Acccents Edgelit and lined up both pieces with my card base.  I stamped my image from Apothecary Art onto Very Vanilla Card Stock, colored in with my markers and die cut that with the coordinating Labels Collection Framelit.  I tucked a piece of Chocolate Chip 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (the only retired item) behind the Framelit and added an Antique Brad to finish it off.  This one was tough for me as I really didn't think my colors would go well together, but in the end I think it actually turned out quite nicely! 

If you want in on all the fun, be sure to head on over to VC Rocks and ask to join!  New members are only being taken until the end of the month!

Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time ...  Happy Stamping!

Supplies:
Concord Crush Card Stock (119792)
Chocolate Chip Card Stock (102128)
Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
Letters to Santa Designer Series Paper (122349)
Basic Black Classic Ink (101179)
Concord Crush Stampin' Write Marker (Only available as a set - 119801)
Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker (Only available as a set - 119801)
Adorning Accents Edgelits Die (125595 )
Labels Collection Framelits Die (125598)
Antique Brads (117273)

No comments: