Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm Back With Something Easy!

I finally got my craft room somewhat put together ... okay, who am I kidding, it's still a mess, but at least I can stamp in it!  I just had to sit down and do something since I finally had my own space and decided to start off easy.  I pulled out one our wonderful Simply Sent kits (hurry, they are only available While Supplies Last until the end of this month).  My plan was to create the card exactly as it is laid out in the kit.  Sadly, that idea went out the window when I cut my ribbon incorrectly.  That's okay, though.  It got my creative juices going a little (and I do mean a little) and I went with it!  I cute the card from the kit in half, wrapped the ribbon that I'd cut around the card and taped it to the back.  I then layered that onto a Rich Razzleberry card base.  Then I decided that rather than just put the adhesive sticker that comes in the kit straight onto the card, I would pop it up with a Stampin' Dimensional.  It's easy to do.  You just tap the sticker onto something (in my case, I used my jeans -- you could use some baby powder, if you want) to get rid of the stickiness and there you go!  For the sentiment I used the Petite Pairs stamp set.  Finally, since I don't like to leave the inside of my cards bare, I added the other half of the card from the card kit, embellished with a few more of the adhesive stickers from the kit and added the other half of the sentiment from Petite Pairs. 

The Simply Sent kits are a GREAT way to start yourself off.  They come with everything you need to create beautiful cards with stamp sets you already have in your stash!  And if you're like me and you make a boo boo, you can just use it as a starter for your own creation! 



Supplies:
Simply Sent Great Day (122375)
Rich Razzleberry Card Stock (115316)
Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink (115658)
Petite Pairs Stamp Set (W-122495; C-122497)

Until next time, Happy Stamping!!!


No comments: