Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Simply Sent Stepped Up

Here is another card I created for one of the VC Rocks pre-challenges.  Our challenge was: 
Remember that moment (or moments) that you first fell in love with rubber stamping? Was is quick and easy 2-step style? Coloring? Treat holders for the kids? Adding stamping to your scrapbooks? Whatever 'it' was that put that spark in you... or released that inner artist in you... go back to that for today's challenge!  Create a card or scrap page that shows why you fell in love with stamping. Update it to your current style.
My love of stamping began when I attended a World Card Making day event with my future upline (although I didn't know it at the time).  She had us make several cards utilizing the Simply Sent kits.  I couldn't believe how quickly and easily I could create amazingly beautiful cards!  I bought every Simply Sent kit that was available that year. 

At that time, I created the cards exactly as the instructions said with absolutely no variance.  I decided for this challenge to simply use my Simply Sent kit as a starting point. 


I started off with the card base from the Simply Sent Everyday Elegance kit.  Although it is absolutely beautiful on its own, I decided to "dress it up" a bit.  I layered a piece of Twitterpated Designer Series Paper (which is STILL available!) onto a piece of Blushing Bride Card Stock.  I then wrapped a piece of the luscious Riding Hood Red 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon (sadly, no longer available).  I punched a piece of Blush Blossom Card Stock with the Blossom Punch and added that to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Then I stamped an image from the Mixed Bunch stamp set (also STILL available), punched out the center with the 1" Circle Punch and layered it onto my Blossom punched piece with a Stampin' Dimensional.  Lastly, I stamped the word friend from the With All My Heart stamp set onto the cute die cut sticky label that came in the kit.  I am absolutely THRILLED with this card!  I hope you are too!

Thanks for stopping by today and until next time ... Happy Stamping!

Supplies:

Simply Sent Everyday Elegance (122377) - available while supplies last
Blushing Bride Card Stock (sold out)
Twitterpated Designer Series Paper (125406)
Riding Hood Red Classic Ink (111836)
Mixed Bunch stamp set (W-125535; C-125537)
With All My Heart stamp set (W-118134; C-118623) - only available until 5/31
Riding Hood Red 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon (retired)
Blossom Punch (125603)
1" Circle Punch (119868)
Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

No comments: